Series 2000 of Thermal Conductivity Analyzers
Thermal conductivity is a basic property of gases that relates to their ability to conduct heat. Good conductors of heat, such as H2 and He, have a high thermal conductivity whereas poor conductors of heat, such as CO2 and Ar, have low values. This ability to conduct heat forms the basis of detection.
The Series 2000 of Thermal Conductivity Analyzers is comprised of versatile, microprocessor based instruments for measuring:
- The concentration of one gas in a mixture of two gases
- The concentration of a gas in a mixture of background gases
- The purity of a sample steam containing a single impurity or a mixture of impurities
Model 2000B - Wall mount configuration
The 2000 microprocessor programs the instrument to automatically linearize the signal over the ranges and gases desired for analysis. The unit comes standard with over 110 pre-programmed combinations of gases and a wide selection of custom ranges.
The Model 2010A Thermal Conductivity Analyzer serves as the split architecture version in the 2000 series. A general purpose control unit, designed for non-hazardous areas, controls a specially developed analysis unit that can operate in a hazardous area.
The explosion proof enclosure is NEMA 4/7 rated, U/L and CSA listed for Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, and D service.
Model 2010 - Split architecture, semi-explosion proof configuration
The Model 2020 Thermal Conductivity Analyzer serves as the completely explosion proof version of the 2000 series.
These units provide superior thermal conductivity analysis in an explosion proof enclosure rated at NEMA 4/7, U/L and CSA listed for Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, and D service.
- Customer selectable gas constituents; 11 gases, 110 combinations
- Automatic linearization
- Auto-ranging with manual override to lock into specific range
- Alphanumeric display which prompts and informs operator
- Auto and remote initiated calibration capabilities
- Bi-directional RS-232 serial digital communication port
- Extensive self-diagnostic capabilities
- 2 x programmable concentration alarm and system failure alarm relays